The cyber law market is growing fast and it will continue to grow beyond imagination. Every Netizen is a potential victim of cyber crime. Everything is moving to cyberspace for e.g. e-commerce, m-commerce, e-governance and the concerns of maintaining security of the information on the internet is also growing. These developments giving rise tremendous career opportunities in almost every field from law to the IT Industry. The need of the time is to utilize the vast potential of Information Technologies for peaceful purposes and progressive economic development of India.
There is hardly few Computer forensics experts, Cyber Cops, Cyber Investigators or Digital Detectives. We require Cyber lawyer who can deals with legal issues concerning the use of computer, computer systems and computer networks as well as the Internet. Although it is an emerging field in India, it is making rapid progress. The number of cases involving cyber crime have been on the rise since the word spread. The Information Technology Act, 2000 takes care of all wrongs done using computers.Keeping in mind the fast changes on the front of IT govt. has already a good initiative by amending the IT Act 2000 by the IT amendment Act 2008, which came into force on 27th October 2009. However, its a field where there would be less of litigation but more of consultancy required. And thus, not only a law graduate, but also a person with a technological bent of mind would be able to master this field. Lawyers with technological know how are surely going to rule the show.
If you are interested to become a Cyber Lawyer. Following are the good institutions offering courses in this field:
1. Asian School of Cyber Law, Pune, http://www.asianlaws.org
2. Indian Law Institute, Delhi, http://www.ilidelhi.org
3. Mumbai University http://www.glc.edu/cyber.asp
4. NALSAR, Hyderabad, http://nalsar.ac.in/
5. Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Allahabad, http://pgd.iiita.ac.in/
6. Rajiv Gandhi Cyberlaw centre NLIU Bhopal
7. PG Certificate Course in Cyberlaw IGNOU
8. Symbiosis Society's Law College , Pune, and NALSAR University ( www.nalsarpro. org ).
9. Amity Law School , Delhi . (www.amity.org).
10. Department of Law, University of Delhi (www.du.ac.in).
11. National Law School of India , University Bangalore – 72. (www.nls.ac.in)
12. National Academy of Legal Studies and Research University of Law, Hyderabad-
13. Cyber Law College NAAVI in Chennai, Mysore , Hubli, Mangalorwww.cyberlawcollege.com
560027.(www.reachout hyderabad.com ).
14. There are only few universities who rovide compulsory subject of Cyberlaw as a part of their curriculum for e.g. KIIT Law School, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar ( www.kls.ac.in ).This law school provides special emphasis on Cyberlaw.
Associate Professor of Law,
KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, India,
Research Papers: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=1189281