The Oxford IP Moot is one of the most prestigious international IP Moots. The Second Oxford IP Moot will take place on 19th and 20th March 2010 at St. Catherine's College, Oxford.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION:
Send in a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details or to clarify absolutely anything
1. Name and location of your University.
2. Name of Contact for further information and updates.
3. Postal address to which the moot brochure should be sent.
After this, you will receive an anonymous identifier from the Moot Secretary, which should be used for written submissions. Note that an expression of interest in this manner does not bind you to register or make the payment. Send in the mails as soon as possible as the deadline is really close.
The following information is required to be kept in mind:
• Written submissions for each side of the problem are due on Friday, 18th December 2009 by midnight UK time.
• Short – list for the oral mooting competition will be based on the written submission round.
• The written submissions competition carries a separate prize. The written submission round is strictly for the purposes of short-listing. The winner will be solely determined on the performance in the oral round.
• There is no restriction on the number of teams participating from the country.
Last year not a single Indian team was participated. But this year however I think we must participate and hopefully win it as well.
Last year's problem was related to conversazione, which was based on scientific innovation, but this year's problem as per the statement of the Chairman of the moot "has a more musical flavor", and the Conversazione will consider the value of IP for the artistic world.
Details about the moot court competition including the problem and the rules will be posted on the website shortly.
Associate Professor of Law,
KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, India,
Website: www.kls.ac.in, www.technolexindia.com
Research Papers: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=1189281